The AEB is the SFAs budget that covers funding for all qualifications that do not fall into the advanced learning, Apprenticeships & European Social Fund. Its principal purpose is to engage adults and provide the skills and learning they need to equip them for work, an apprenticeship or further learning.
Most importantly all of these courses are FREE of charge to the employer and employee!
- The learner is either a British Citizen or has lived within the EU for the last three years
- The learner was 19 as of the 31st August of the academic year you are in
- Must NOT be in any other form of government funding training. Learners can only enrol on one course at a time, however, can partake in as many as they like consecutively.
Learners with any of the below are exempt from the three year rule:
- Refugee Status
- Discretionary Leave to Enter or Remain
- Exceptional Leave to Enter or Remain
- Indefinite Leave to Enter or Remain
- Humanitarian protection
- The husband, wife, civil partner and child of any of the above in this paragraph
- Asylum seekers (Have been in England for the last 6 months).
NB: All learners must show you a copy of ID which can be either a passport, driving licence, birth certificate or national identity card. If the learner was born outside the EU, they must have proof of their residency status and you will need to obtain a copy for our records.
NCFE Level 2 Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
NCFE Level 2 Principles of Business Administration
NCFE Level 2 Principles of Team Leading
NCFE Level 2 Awareness of Mental Health Problems
NCFE Level 2 Care Planning
NCFE Level 2 Understanding Autism
NCFE Level 2 Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care
NCFE Level 2 Understanding Retail Operations
CACHE Level 2 Caring for Children and Young People
NCFE Level 2 Common Health Conditions
NCFE Level 2 Principles of Customer Service
NCFE Level 2 Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
NCFE Level 2 Understanding Stewarding at Spectator Events
NCFE Level 2 Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
NCFE Level 2 Counselling Skills
NCFE Level 2 Information, Advice or Guidance
NCFE Level 2 Principles of Dementia Care
NCFE Level 2 Principles of End of Life Care
NCFE Level 2 The Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
NCFE Level 2 Cleaning Knowledge and Skills
NCFE Level 2 Equality and Diversity
NCFE Level 2 Understanding Nutrition and Health
NCFE Level 2 Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- All AEB courses are distance learning courses
The benefits of completing the course are:
- Gain good transferrable knowledge skills
- Good personal development
- Better employability prospects
- Fees for the course are waived so the learners are saving themselves around £400
Outline of a how to complete the Course.
- You can choose to study online or paper based
- Deadlines will be set specific to their course
- Plagiarism –all work must be in the learners own words and not copied directly from the learning resources (or from each other). Refer to their student handbook provided with the learning resources for more information.
Once assessments are completed:
- Online – press submit once complete. If the learner is doing the course on-line all their work is automatically saved and they do not have to post anything to us. The learner will need to provide us with an email address at the time of induction so we can send them the link to start learning.
- Paper – send workbooks back in the envelope provided (ask learners to take a photocopy for their records). Please inform all learners that all written work must be completed in pen – any work submitted in pencil will be returned to be recompleted.
- Paperwork for each learner will need to be completed – all paperwork needs to be dated on the same day.
- Complete college enrolment form for each learner.
- If a learner has declared they are in receipt of benefits they will need to provide us with evidence of this.
- Learners who do not have an existing level 2 qualification, need to complete the appropriate section of the enrolment form. Normal title ‘prior attainment’ and sign accordingly.
- PCA’s (Pre Course Assessments) – these need to be completed by all learners before they enrol and are course specific with questions about the course the learner is completing.
- Ask the learner to complete the ILP (Individual Learning Plan). Learners need to complete two copies and retain one for their own records, as this forms their terms and conditions.